Clinical Tips: Luxator LX
Only sold in the US!
Setting a new standard for trauma free extraction, the Luxator LX Mechanical Periotome offers improved safety, precision and access. Quicker extractions with minimal tissue damage, Luxator LX help access hard to reach areas for optimal access. The self directing tip allows the periotome tip to follow the root surface, reducing the risk of bone damage. With a reciprocating tip to enable a secure cutting of the fibers in a patient friendly way. Luxator LX Mechanical Periotome will only cut when under pressure, which means no risk of slipping.
Indications for use
This device is designed to expand the tooth socket by widening the gap between root and bone to faciliate tooth removal due to caries, trauma, orthodontic reasons.
Contraindication: No known contraindications, except those considered for all dental extractions, e.g. medication and bleeding time.
- Clean, lubricate and sterilize the handpiece before first use and between uses.
- Clean and sterilize tips before first use and between uses.
- Tips do not need to be sharpened as they are coated with titanium nitride for durability.
- Do not exceed rpm 4,000. This could cause discomfort in terms of vibration to patient and/or operator.
- Do not dissaemble any part of the handpiece.
- Luxator LX Periotome tips shall ONLY be used on Luxator LX handpiece.
- Should a LuxatorLX Peritome tip dislodge from the LuxatorLX handpiece, stop the procedure, dismount and remount the tip.
Please Note: Exceeding the recommended speed will not make the extraction faster, but it will, however, cause discomfort to the patient and may damage the instrument.
Luxator LX handpiece
Motor coupling, E-fitting: According to ISO 3964
Material: Anodized aluminium
Movement of working tip: Reciprocating stroke
Maximum motor speed: Rpm < 4,000
Type of motor
A. Electric unit motor
Recommended speed: 2,000-4,000 rpm
B. Electric implant motor
Max torque: 50 Nm
Recommended speed: 1,000 rpm
Luxator LX Periotome tips
Material: Stainless steel Titanium nitride
Type: LX2S, Short, 15 mm, 2 mm
Type: LX3S, Short, 15 mm, 3 mm
Type: LX2L, Long, 19 mm, 2 mm
Type: LX3L, Long, 19 mm, 3 mm
How to use
2. Plan the extraction considering separation (recommended) of a multiple root. Use a probe to find the weak point in the sulcus around the root.
3A. Electric motor: set the motor to 2,000-4,000 rpm depending on the torque of the motor. Verification speed must not under any circumstance exceed 4,000 rpm.
3B. Implant motor: set the motor to 1,000 rpm. Maximum torque is 50 Nm. Verification speed must not under any circumstance exceed 1,000 rpm.
4. Turn off internal water and spray.
5. Mount the handpiece.
6. Start using 2mm tip, short or long. (Observe, no interference with opposite jaw due to risk of vibrations).
7. Test run and check the tip is correctly mounted before insert into oral cavity.
8. Let the tip work itself down in the periodontal pocket all around the root. Start in the weak point.
9. Change to 3mm tip if needed.
10. Continue the extraction using manual extraction instrument if needed (e.g. manual Luxator Periotome or a forceps).
Position of tip
Correct position of tip (pic. 1) and incorrect position of tip (pic.2).
Mounting/demounting of tips
With a firm grip, push the tip into final position (pic.1) to demounting the tip push the tip with the plunger, as illustrated (pic.2).